Fibaro Dimmer 2
Fibaro Dimmer 2
is designed to work with many light sources. It enables control of lights by Z-WAVE
and is easily incorporated into existing wall switches.
The Fibaro unit automatically senses connected devices, features automatic overload protection switch-off and soft start function. Works as a dimmer or as a connector, with two-wire or three-wire cables.
The Fibaro Dimmer utilizes MESH
technology and re-transmits your instructions to other Z-WAVE
Our product is considered to be the SMALLEST of its type in the world.
As a dimmer, our product is compatible with:
- 230V operated conventional incandescent lamps,
- 230V operated halogen lamps,
- 12V operated MLV halogen lamps,
- dimmable LED bulbs,
- dimmable compact florescen CFL tube lamps,
- using Bypass 2, with supported dimmable light source up to 250W.
As a connector, works with:
Please note, this device must be installed by a licensed electrician. Before contracting an electrician please check that they provide a warranty and electrical compliance certificate.
Therefore you must provide a installation compliance certificate from your electrician for warranty claims .
- Compact fluorescent CFL tube lamps with electronic ballast,
- LED lamps,
- Old type fluorescent lamps,
- using Bypass 2, with supported light source up to 250W.
Extended features of Fibaro Dimmer 2:
- Integrated LED status light which changes color based on the level you are in inside the configuration menu. It also indicates faults in the circuit
- Active power and energy metering functionality
- Auto calibration
- Smart light source detection
Technical Data for the Fibaro Dimmer:
Note: Do NOT use Fibaro Dimmer 2 with old Fibaro bypass 1 (FGB-001), it may damage your dimmer.
Please note, this device must be installed by a licensed electrician.
- Power source 230V +/-10%, 50Hz
- Output power 50-250W (resistive loads), 50-200 VA (resistive-capacitive or resistive-inductive loads)
- mounted in standard wall switch boxes fi >= 50mm
- Outside dimensions (L x W x H) 42mm x 36mm x 15mm
- Radio protocol and frequency: Z-Wave 921.42mhz
- Antenna range: up to ca. 50 meters outdoor, or up to 30 meters inside (depends on building structure)
- Works with momentary, toggle, three-way switches
- Overcurrent protection: required external 10A circuit breaker
- Using bypass 2 reduces the minimum power of the load and prevents LED lights from flickering
- Z-Wave Plus certification
Dimmer 2 uses different operating modes to control following
types of loads:
1. „Trailing edge” for resistive loads (R)
2. „Trailing edge” for resistive-capacitive loads (RC)
3. „Leading edge” for resistive-inductive loads (RL)
Download Fibaro Dimmer 2 Manual